<font size="2.0" face="verdana, sans-serif">Totally incorrect. There was no demo reel, Alex, and I never said there was as bank commercial. The original poster had a job to shoot a 30 second PSA with a $3000 budget. He had exteriors on the street and he had interiors in a large bank lobby with high ceilings. No location sound. He said he really wanted to shoot 16mm but felt doing so on a $3000 budget might not be possible, which is why he inquired about super 8. I said it was very possible, and appropriate, to shoot on 16mm and gave valid reasons (namely his client expected it). You said it wasn't possible, gave bogus reasons why super 8 would be a better choice and then insulted me by claiming that I hated super 8 or I wouldn't be talking about 16mm on a super 8 forum. The guy deleted the topic and left. Things simply got ugly from there on out. There was no demo reel ever mentioned. There was, however, a specific desire to shoot 16mm by the original poster and you completely ignored his needs in favor of propping up super 8, even if it was inappropriate for the job at hand.Originally posted by Alex:
As for the author of the original topic post that started it all, he wanted to shoot a demo piece for his reel, no mention of it being for a bank commercial was ever stated.
Roger



Bookmarks